Mother’s Day is motherhood’s best kept secret. You replace yourself and furthered the species and – wham! – you get a whole day just for you, like a second birthday. It’s great! But when it comes to celebrating the mothers in my life, I often leave the gift-buying to the last minute.
With nine full shipping days left, however, there’s plenty of time to purchase a thoughtful gift that says, “you are known, loved and cherished by me!”
1. With intoxicating notes that include orange blossom, jasmine, rose, sandalwood and vanilla, Tom Ford’s Noir pour Femme is on the top of my wish list this Mother’s Day. ($115)
2. This ultra-lightweight cashmere scarf from Uniqlo is a great travel companion for summer air travel. ($49.90)
3. These water bottles by Swell keep beverages cold for 24 hours or hot for 12 hours and make fantastic gifts. There’s a color or style for every woman in your life. ($25)
4. Leila Embroidered Bag by Star Mela with generous room and a blue and white striped lining makes a great summer tote, whether you’re headed to the beach or the local farmer’s market. ($138)
5. Little by little, I’ve purchased a Kindle Paperwhite for nearly everyone in my family (even my technology-fearing mother!) In my pre-kindle days, I packed four hardback books in my suitcase for my honeymoon. I’ll never give up real books entirely, but when it comes to travelling – whether overseas or across town – there’s nothing better. Even my mother agrees. ($99)
6. Have a woman in your life who is mother to children of the four-legged variety? This studded dog collar by Linea Pella is sure to please both her and her furry friend. ($83)